Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Summer Reading List

Have you ever belonged to a monthly book club, failed to decline the pre-selected choices, and have them arrive at your house with a bill attached?

Hate when that happens. Which it just did. (No, I'm not sending them back. Too much effort, and I want to read them.)

So, I have two new books for my Summer Reading List. They are:

1. Ron Paul: "Defining Liberty". 50 essential principles for freedom.

2. Erik Stakelbeck: "The Terrorist Next Door". Are there radical jihadist enclaves in the territorial United States?

I struck out at lunch today at Barnes & Noble getting the book that I really want to read this Summer:

Gretchen Morgensen: "Reckless Endangerment". It's about what really caused the 2008 crash. (Basically, the things that I have been saying for three years caused it, caused it. Hello Fannie Mae.)

Plus, I have a few last chapters on a few different books on my Kindle to polish off. I did finish Breitbart's "Righteous Indignation". Good read.

My rule now is:

Kindle for fiction, dead tree book for politics.

Why? Because I like to flip back and forth in political books to quote lines or reference charts. Impossible to do well on the Kindle. For Grisham novels it's perfect. That's just me.

One business book:"Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done"

That's my list. What are you all reading this Summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment