Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sarah Palin is Running


People, you need to trust me on this one: Sarah Palin is running for President in 2012.

No, she hasn't announced. Yet. It's coming. I'm sure of it.

I'm pretty well tuned in to a Palin vibe. Remember, that I wrote a blog post in July of 2008 - before most of you even heard of Sarah Palin saying that McCain should go see Gov. Palin in Alaska and name her his VP choice. I called that.

I'm calling it again. Sarah Palin is running.

I was in Iowa last Saturday for the Tea Party rally that she spoke at. Where she gave, I believe, a pivotal speech. Pivoting to running. I heard it live, close enough to look her in the eye as she gave it (and to get her autograph after). It was a campaign speech. She's running.



It was a good campaign speech, too. It was the bold speech that the party needs to defeat an incumbent president.



She's waiting to see how the GOP shapes up. She's in no hurry. She has time, and name recognition. Let the field spend itself, and the herd thin. Then get in.

I'll go one step further and say, based on the debate tonight, that the way the field is shaping up makes it more likely that Sarah Palin gets in. It's quickly narrowing, at least as the press sees it, to a two-man race: Perry and Romney. Bachmann fading. The others also-rans. That sets up the field for Palin because:

- Romney is not the first choice for the base. Not bold.

- Perry is the Governor of Texas and sounds like Bush, and it's too early for another Governor from Texas - especially someone who reminds people of Bush.

Palin is the contrast to those two. She is prepared. She is honed. She has the bold speech and a plan.



She's running. Mark it down. And mark the date that I said it.


Note: all photos taken by me, and I had a great time taking them! Photography and politics in the same day. Bliss.

1 comment: